I must admit, posting my goals for each month is very self-serving. By making my goals public it motivates me to keep working towards them so at the end of the month I can again publicly say that I met all (or most) of my goals. I hope that posting them isn’t only self-serving though. I really hope that when readers see these goals posts, it challenges them to make their own monthly goals. It is amazing how much more I really can accomplish in a month if I only set out to get it done. I hope that readers can grasp on to this as well.
Setting monthly goals is a learning process. The first month I didn’t set nearly enough and it was super easy to complete. Then I slacked off and stopped working as hard in the home. Now, I make quite lengthy lists and I don’t mind having one or two goals unmet as long as I worked diligently throughout the whole month. diligence is really my goal. I don’t want to be idle, I want to make every moment count.
My goals for April are very driven by events already on the calendar. Things like Victoria’s birthday party would happen be accomplished even if they weren’t on my goals list, but I list them anyway because the planning and preparations take quite a bit of time to do them well.
- Stay on top of daily chores all month.
- Victoria’s Birthday Party.
- Preparations for Billy’s trip to Haiti.
- Scrapbook Will and Elizabeth’s Aug ’08 pages.
- Schedule two events.
- Go through baby boy tubs for yard sale items.
- Two dates with Billy.
- Six blogs.
- Finish Victoria’s birthday scrapbook with her.
- Start Skills Evaluation for Victoria.
- Finish all lesson plans for May.
- Spend at least 20 minutes of one-on-one special time with each child, each week.
- Pimsleur lesson 4.
This month I hope that you will set your own goals and see what you can do. Leave a comment and let me know what you are trying to accomplish this month.